»

Thursday, December 15, 2005

11th December

__________11th Dec198_ is supposed to be a very important day in my history and to some of my troubled friends too...
__________It was about 10PM of 10th Dec 05.... eagerly waiting for the clock to strike 12 midnight and receive the calls from the dear ones. But the heavy dinner, drowsy eyes, tiresome day had already sung lullabies for me and made me sleep at 10.30. Had to keep the cell in the Sshhhhhh... mode, 'coz, receiving calls after 10.30 PM is not permitted in the hostel I stay... any ways i could see the missed calls in the morning. Did so and slept... as usual missing my cozy bed at home.
__________Much awaited morning came.... woke up.. hugged myself and said 'Happy B'day'. Took the cell to see for the missed calls and the messages. SURPRISES AND SURPRISES!!!!! NO MISSED CALLS, NO MESSAGES????? Naturally... got a bit upset (who does not). How could anyone forget this day? "Hota hai, hota hai...Let them take their own sweet time and call you Preeti...", Preeti said to herself. After sometime, my roomie got to know about my day. She wished me and SHE gave me some sweets and a slice of cake which she had... It was so nice of her. Later, we got to know why I wasn't getting any calls... NETWORK PROBLEM .... Should have happened only on that day or what??
__________Afternoon time, had been to another friend's room where she and her bro lived. An unforgettable moment, she took the piece of cake, placed it over a plate, gave a spoon... no no not to eat, but to cut the cake holding the spoon the other way.
She: sorry pre, knife is not to be found, and candles are not there.
Me: Its OK Sweeti.. how about torch in place of candles..
(giggles)

Cell got flodded byfriends calls, keeping some of them in waiting. later came to know that few of them had called Ash and asked 'What happened to Preeti's cell?". All she could reply was that she too had been trying to call since 12PM but couldn't get in contact.

__________After that my group called me to the palace grounds to see an event where Shaan, Alka Yagnik... performed the show. My 2 eyes and ears were not enough to see Shaan singing Tanha Dil and Bhool Ja.. my favorite songs. The crowd had gone crayz(well... it includes me too...) . That was the gift my friends gave...

3 comments:

Shanti Kumar said...

Well ..not in the 70's.. atleast.

BTW..what's that Dec. 05 doing there? any connection?

The Bhandari's said...

Happy b'day Preeti
God Bless you!

Preeti said...

[Shanti]
hehehe.. i'm not that ooooolldd

[Preeti n Sachin]
Thanks a lott!!!