»

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Raj's Wedding...

"But R.. how will I recognize you? I have never seen in the snaps too..”
“Don’t worry… you come to the starting point of commercial street.. the handsome guy there will be me”
“oh hoo.. “ (laugh)
“ok ok, i will make it simple, I am in blue T-shirt and black jeans..”
“fine then, I will be ther” , I said.

Lt R is Lt XYZ’s close friend. Had spoken to him a couple of times, but had never seen him. He was shopping with his mother for his wedding in the commercial street. Wedding was held on 22nd Feb. He had wanted to give the invitation card personally and so.. the above conversation went on. Reached there after finishing my work. It was not at all difficult to spot a handsome guy on that street with blue t-shirt.

Got introduced to both him and his mom. I think I said to him, “Raj… I just missed u man, u r getting married so soon…” (laughs).
Mother and son invited for lunch, but I had some other work, so had to leave. Invitation card was simply great.

So 21st and 22nd gave me a break from my daily routine. Had been to R’s wedding, which was in Mysore near the Chamundi Hills. On 21st me, XYZ, Raj, his family and bachpan ka friend M left to Mysore during the noon time after having very tasty bisi bele baath prepared by R’s mom. The last seaters in the bus were I, XYZ, R, M. R had a lot to tell about his previous gal frnds.. but since his dad was eggjhaktly in front of us… he kept quiet. His sweetheart knows all his lafdas… hahhahh… gud… He has got a very good sense of humor. After some chatting, we let the Dulha to daydream abt his fiancé.

Reached the place at about 5 PM. The party was welcomed by garlands and the Dulha by a big bouquet by his sweetie. She’s beautiful. There was a function on the same evening. All the attendants were present , except some of us. We were busy in hunting for a good gift for him. So, had a long walk and returned with a big metal statue of a soldier with long weapon in his hand. We had instantly liked it and so.. tuk it. Infact XYZ is a real innocent chap( only at looks), very decent, and a real gentleman with positive attitude. Achha hai… The next day i.e. on 22nd the important day for R. We got ready and went to wish him.

After the lunch, some of us were planning to go to the hills, or the waterfalls nearby… I was suggesting OOTY ( since it was a couple of hrs journey. I LOVED THIS PLACE). But then the time wouldn’t permit ‘coz my jail gates close at 10 PM. So dropped the idea. R got busy with the relatives. Time for us to leave the place. So at 3 PM we set out to go. X.. was to go to Shimoga directly. The company I had till Bangalore was Lt K. A decent chap. More or less had the luks and personality of Uday Chopra. While leaving R’s frnds were hugging him… but the Dulha. Slightly pushing them said…"jao yaar jao… abhi meri biwi aayi hai….” All had a good laugh…

13 comments:

Abhinav said...

for some reason i love attending weddings. They are always fun to attend....my cousin is getting married this April and i hope to have lots of fun there...

Preeti said...

u will have fun abhinav... especially if u a bit like me... sitting in some corner with frnds and commenting.... ;-)
all the best! :-)

Abhinav said...

yea thats the best part..sure i will have lots of fun

The Bhandari's said...

:D thats good I sometimes do like to attend marriage parties especially when it's frds but if I have to visit to some distant relatives or unknow person's marriage I don't like that
~preeti

Shanti Kumar said...

Wat's that special thing abt the Navy Guys Preeti ?

BTW..I was sleeping halfway going trhu the story....Thoda short likha karo..yawn...

ZZZ ZZZZ....

Preeti said...

[the Bhandari's]
yep... i too hate the company of relatives in such occassion.. :-)

[Shanti]
u already know how crazy i m in luking for atleast one frnd in airforce... but since i m not able to find one.. i m compromising with the navy ones..;-)
bachooo... keep yawning... u r not updating ur blog properly.....

Raj said...

I'm a lil confused. Is R same as Raj or someone else?

And do u like Uday Chopra or dislike him? :D

Anonymous said...

I think it was nice break for you ... from your job ... it was much of coding (names) i know your are a comp graduate ....

Anonymous said...

did you got any handsome guy in the marrige

Vinesh said...

Good byes are difficult..
And usually the strongest memories of any relationship..

Preeti said...

[raj]
ya raj, raj and R is the same person... sometimes i unknowingly confuse ppl...
uday chopra is not that bad too man....

[anjan]
right said anjan... the ppl in armed forces are like that... i like it... wished i were one among them...

[laiq]
ya man, X was ther... his frnds were ther... :-D

[chints]
lols...
ya i m fida on xyz... his frnds...heheheheheh

[vinesh]
how right u r vinesh... luks like u too had experienced the pain when someone says bye...

thanks for dropping in

Akanksha said...

since i already have all the juicier details already .. lemme just wish ur friends a happy married life !

i hate uday chopra.. ugh so if u find an army guy who looks like fardeen khan call me!!

Preeti said...

[akanksha]
u think i am a fool to introduce sucha guy to u????? never dear ;-)